The mint in this pea and mint salad is so fresh and amazing.A light lemon and garlic vinaigrette keeps things from getting too sweet and adds a little freshness of its own.
- Pre -boiled peas
- Fresh lemon
- Garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to your paste
- Fresh mint
- Prepare lemon and garlic vinaigrette.Zest the lemon .Scrape off the lemon skin not the white pith,set the zest aside.
- Squeeze lemon juice into a separate bowl.
- Peel the papery skin from the garlic cloves,mince it finely.Add the garlic to the bowl with lemon juice along with salt an black pepper.Shake or whisk the ingredients together until combined and set aside.
- Rinse the mint to remove any dirt or debris.Roughly chop the mint leaves.
- Add the pre-boiled peas in a bowl along with the vinaigrette,mint and the lemon zest.Stir to combine,taste and add more zest if needed.
- Refrigerate to allow the flavors to blend
Prepare lemon and garlic vinaigrette.
Zest the lemon and squeeze the juice in a separate bowl.
Mince garlic and add to the lemon juce.Shake or whisk until all is combined well.
Rinse the mint to remove dirt and debris
Roughly chop the mint leaves.
Add pre-boiled peas in a bowl along with the vinaigrette,mint and lemon zest.Stir to combine.
Refrigrate to allow the flavors to blend.
Serve and enjoy
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 117
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 213.4mg9%
- Total Carbohydrate 11.03g4%
- Dietary Fiber 4.33g18%
- Protein 3.53g8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.