Homemade sloppy joes are incredibly easy to make, and come together in one pan for about 20 minutes.
Browned beef is mixed with onion and green peppers and simmered in a sweetened tomato sauce.
- Before you get started,toast your buns.(its also optional)
- Watch the sauce so that it does not reduce too much.When the sauce dries to much it will give you a dry sloppy joe mixture.
- Choose your favorite type of bun.
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.Add beef and brown,breaking apart into crumbles for about 5 minutes.Drain and set aside.
Return the beef in the pan,add onions and green bell peppers and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Add tomato sauce,water,brown sugar,mayonnaise,chilli powder,salt,black pepper.Stir until well combined.
Cook over medium beat for 10-15 minutes,until mixture has thickened to your liking
Remove from heat and serve over buns.
Serving Size 208
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 348
- Calories from Fat 139
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 15g24%
- Saturated Fat 5.7g29%
- Trans Fat 0.7g
- Cholesterol 77mg26%
- Sodium 1705mg72%
- Potassium 780mg23%
- Total Carbohydrate 24g8%
- Dietary Fiber 2.9g12%
- Sugars 16g
- Protein 26g52%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Cool the mixture completely,then add into containers and freeze for 4 months.
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat before serving.